Monday, January 28, 2013

 

Random Stuff

I'm in the 4th week of the Hit 30 sessions and feeling pretty strong.  Unfortunately I fell in the snow a few days ago and have missed at least 1 session due to pain in the chest area.  I'm going to try for a Hit session today to try and stay on schedule, but I won't be able to do any core workouts for awhile.

Mike Feinstein and I went down to the Neon to see "Reveal the Path" last week.  It was an interesting movie about 4 guys who did some adventure mtb rides around the world.  The movie was a bit preachy, intimating that life without adventure was just empty.  I don't actually agree altogether.  Adventures are important, I think, for getting to know yourself, but life threatening adventures aren't necessary in my view.  In my adventurous days I did a lot of solo hiking in the Sierras and the Adirondacks, and I miss this, but I rarely risked my life on these adventures and those times that I did weren't so memorable.  These guys did some pretty horrific things like riding 50 miles uphil in rain and mud (doing a lot of pushing their bikes) and I don't see this as such a great adventure.  The movie also drove home the point that these adventures are best done by the young.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]